Saturday, October 27, 2007

Baby Bishops!

The Bolletino informs us that the Romanian Greek Catholic Church have nominated two new auxiliary bishops, and these nominations have been approved by the Holy Father. One of them - Mihai Cătălin Fraţila - was born on the 10th of December 1970, making him the youngest Catholic Bishop in the world, and the first Bishop to have a birthdate in the 1970s. His colleague, Vasile Bizău, the current rector of the Pio-Romanian College here in Rome becomes the 2nd youngest bishop and is just over a year older than Fraţila.

Ad multos annos!

(My readers are, I think, entitled to feel ancient when hearing of such young bishops.)

3 comments:

Argent said...

My readers are, I think, entitled to feel ancient when hearing of such young bishops.

Eh? What did you say? Speak up, can't hear you! :P

Shakespeare's Cobbler said...

Not this reader. I'm only figuratively old. In normal time I'm just a college student.

Still, cool stuff!

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Did I ever mention that little "Can anything good come out of the 1970s?" challenge that Antony and I have? I was always cynical, but it appears as if he is winning . . . =P

Hmmmm. The year 1970 is still technically a part of the 60s . . . but I'm grasping at straws here.